Scalable software has the ability to grow and manage increased demand. As your eCommerce business grows, your processes will likely become more complicated. But if your software is truly scalable, it should maintain the same amount of simplicity and efficiency regardless of the amount of traffic products staff, or orders you have.
When you’re working with seamlessly scalable software, your job should be just as easy as a multi-national as it would be if you were an SME. But how do you know you’re operating with the right software?
If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it
I’m sure we’ve all heard this common saying. However, its relevance in the world of technology is limited. Imagine if Steve Jobs has followed this advice. After the first iPhone, he would have sat back and thought, job done. We would have never even known the iPhone 11 was possible.
There was nothing wrong with the first iPhone. It wasn’t broken. It was revolutionary. Yet there are always improvements to be made. Just because something isn’t broken doesn’t mean we can’t vastly improve on it. This extends to all forms of software, particularly your eCommerce platform.
Your platform could be underperforming massively. But if you never consider other options, you might not even know there are cheaper, more effective choices which can drive your business growth.
There are so many new developments in technology, it’s hard to stay on top of things. You should regularly assess whether your software is performing harmoniously with your business and aiding your processes. Here’s a checklist to help you assess whether your eCommerce platform is scalable and the right fit for you.
- Are extra features and add-ons expensive?
- Do small amounts of business growth (e.g. traffic, staff users, items, or orders) increase the cost of your platform disproportionately?
- Are there more cost-effective solutions out there, such as pay as you go platforms?
- Does your platform allow easy integration with other software?
- Does integration require costly web development services?
Ease of use
- As you’ve grown, has your software become harder to use to manage your business?
- Does your platform already have all the essential features specific to your business needs?
- Does your platform have the essential features to meet your growing needs?
- Are all the essential features available for a fair and affordable price?
- Can you get all essential features more affordably elsewhere?
- Does your platform ensure a great customer experience?
- Is there an equal balance between providing a great customer experience on the front-end as well as expert management on the back-end?
- Does your platform allow you to offer excellent customer support and functionality, including social media integration?
- Does it cost extra to set up and manage multiple sites as your business grows?
- Can you manage multiple sites from one interface as easily as you can for a single site?
This checklist holds the questions to find out whether your platform is truly up to the task of expert performance. If you answer no to a lot, or even just a few of these questions, it’s time for a change. There are plenty of platforms out there that are built for seamless scalability and high performance.
Shopit is one of these platforms. It answers yes to every question on the checklist, bringing spectacular customer experiences and easy management to life with an all-inclusive package for an affordable price. If you don’t believe us, see for yourself on our website.
Sam is an ecommerce enthusiast with a background in digital marketing, web design and many other talents
Sam takes a keen interest in customer problems so he can help develop solutions to help everyone move forward